Course duration 3 days. Provides a management perspective of the principles and processes required for transitioning new or changed services into the operational environment.
The processes of Service Transition are pivotal to ensuring that the only authorized changes to the service environment are implemented, and that the integrity of the IT operational environment is maintained as new services or changes to existing services and service assets are deployed.
Areas of Study:
- Introduction to service transition
- Understand core service transition principles
- Understand the managerial and supervisory aspects of service transition
- Managing people through communication and stakeholder management during service transitions
- Organisational structure and roles and responsibilities for service transition
- Technology considerations for effective service transition
- Implementing and improving service transition
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Course duration: 3 days (including examination)
- Pre-requisites: Foundation certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL) is the only pre-requisite for this course
- Examination (complex multiple choice) is taken on course completion
- Points awarded: 3
- Course Dates: See Course Schedule